Thursday, February 18, 2010

For Starters...

I've wanted to start a blog for awhile now. The problem with blogs is that they are supposed to have some central purpose or theme...at least, that's what I'm told. And the problem with central purposes is...well, I am incapable of them. When it comes within the context of one expected answer, I have never come up against a more difficult question than, "What are you passionate about?" As if everyone in the world is subject to having only one passion. I am passionate about a lot of things...and I'm capable of being passionate about almost everything. I am passionate about people, music, art, creativity, nature, the Lord...

...and writing.

Ah, there we go. Writing. Language. Literature. There's something for a blog, yes? Now, don't worry, I see the redundancy in writing about writing, but what I also see is the beauty and freedom and obvious necessity in having a space and a time when I focus on writing. As a college student, I do a lot of "writing." As an English major, I do even more of that "writing." When it comes to busting out papers, I am a factory with one of the most efficient production lines out there. However, that forced production doesn't really satisfy my writer's itch. As a matter of fact it kind of squelches the itch and thus, the joy, which is sad. So here I am, metaphorically scratching away. And here's the real beauty in endeavoring into my joy of writing: when I write, I can involve any and all of my other passions! So I have, then, a platform from which I can dive into all my various sources of enjoyment...and fully enjoy the dive.

Perhaps I am the only one who considers this a brilliantly perfect solution to fulfilling my desires. Perhaps not. Nonetheless, let it be considered that I have here established for myself a means of expression. I've an awful lot to express, you know. At some point I'll want to know just what I was thinking in college. Now I'll be able to know.

Peace and blessings.

1 comment:

  1. You're a dear, and I'm glad you started a blog. 1) because I'm interested in what you write and I love the flow of your writing. 2) because up till now I'd been too caught up in other things to reset the password of this account that I had completely forgotten. You said you wanted to read a short story. There are a couple on here, mixed in with some poetry (some of it nothing short of terrible) and a couple of random rants.
    --Emily

    ReplyDelete