Oh, the versatility of the sky.
Right now I'm a little nonplussed by the rain. I don't mind rain one bit when it is pouring down on my house, pounding on my skylights. It makes me feel like I can do anything I want within the little cocoon of my room. Usually "anything I want" on rainy day involves reading something I want to read, journaling, cleaning (not in a hurried, we're-having-company sort of way, but in an inquisitive, clean-out-your-closet-for-hours-and-ponder-over-what-you-find-there sort of way...), crafting...
*Sigh.
Doesn't that sound nice? Mmmm. Rainy days are taking a shower and not putting on makeup, and employing yourself in something you enjoy. Drinking tea. Reading a book.
Makin' banana pancakes...you know.
I have a load of things to do today, though, so it's kind of killing the rain-atmosphere for me. Homework, cleaning, packing for Florida, doing responsible school-y things. Not that I don't enjoy these things...but I have to do them. Having to do something is no fun. Choosing to do something...now that I can be pleased by.
Eh. I'm six years old.
"I'll do it cause I want to, not because you tell me to!"

(Yeah right. I wish I had been that cute when I was six.)
Oh the rain.
Joy in every day, though, right?
I know this hasn't been a particularly insightful post. Sorry. :/ Couldn't help myself but muse a bit. I was just looking out the window, thinking...
Rain is a funny thing, isn't it?



Jessica Brondyke...if you or I ever happen to become wildly rich and able to afford frequent and whimsical travel, then I will keep an eye on the forecast and bring you to my house to stay for a while during a rainy spell. And we will have a rainy day of crafting and tea and reading and wearing socks. Nice socks. Maybe I'll even knit socks if I can work out the kinks enough to be able to make a decent one. I knit my first sock ever (not counting baby booties) a week or so ago. It was pathetic, poor thing. But I've every intention of finding a different pattern and going at it again at some point. Well, I've rambled. I enjoy your musings. They sometimes sound very much like mine.
ReplyDelete