I can't even tell you how much I'm learning, how much I'm enjoying my time here, how much I'm being encouraged.
Word of Life is such a special place. It is such a blessing to be able to get away from "the real world" for a little while and go to...a bubble. Sometimes people refer to WOL as being bubble-esque (Bubblicious?) in a negative way...but I can only see it as a gift. We aren't called to bubbles...we can't just spend the entirety of our Christian lives in total avoidance of unbelievers...but I do believe that we are called to periods of refreshment, fellowship, reprieve, focus...you know. There is so much going on in our lives--work, school, socializing, sports, meetings, reunions, shopping, errands, banking, laundry--it can be so easy to get discouraged and distracted. How beautiful a gift to be able to come to a setting where the Lord uses every conversation and song and meeting to re-direct my heart to the fact that I am here to serve Him, only. That is my only purpose in life. Serving God. Loving God. Serving God by serving people, loving God by loving people.
That. Is. Why. I'm. Here. On this earth. I have no other purpose. Everything else I do (work, school, socializing, sports, meetings, reunions, shopping, errands, banking, laundry) should be a manifestation of my service to God.
I love being reminded of that. I need to be reminded of that.
So. In case you haven't caught on, I'm appreciating being back at Word of Life for a little bit of focus.
(And to clarify...WOL hardly avoids unbelievers. It is currently filled with 400 campers, 66 of whom came forward on Saturday night to talk about making a salvation decision, and more of whom are asking questions about the Lord every day. This isn't like The Village or anything, there is plenty of interaction with the outside world, plenty of ministry. It's just nice to be in a place where the focus of the staff and the establishment is to glorify the Lord.)
Ahhhhh I have less than ten minutes before practice and SO MUCH MORE TO SAYYYY!!!!
(Did I just put extra letters in my word for emphasis? That's gross.)
Okay, well, I'll leave you with one very exciting tid-bit from today.
...
I LEARNED TO MAKE BALLOON ANIMALS!!!!!!
Well, "animal," actually. Just a dog. I can also make an apple, a pirate sword, and a regular sword...but none of those are animals.
How great is that? Now I can be a missionary/teacher/clown. :D
El Salvador....here we come.



No comments:
Post a Comment