Unfortunately, my father is several time zones away from me today, and I haven't been able to reach him on the phone, but I'm loving him anyway.
I'm particularly inspired to think of him and appreciate him because I'm sitting in my backyard.
I have made the claim before that my backyard is the best in the entire world.
...it may be a slightly schmaltzy statement, but I'll hold to it. All of the brickwork, the patio, the burm with the pond...that is entirely the work of my father's hands.
He is an unceasingly talented man who can make or fix just about anything.
The credit for the beautiful landscaping...that is the work of my mother's hands.
She should probably also receive credit for a portion of my love for the beautiful outdoors. There have been many afternoons when I've been beckoned outside to sit in the sunshine with her and enjoy the flowers. We certainly do.
Can you blame us though?
I took these pictures because I came home one day and was just floored by how beautiful it all was.
This beauty...
...this is the work of my Father's hands.
My Father in Heaven.
Pictures never do his masterpiece justice, but I hope that with these photos you can catch some small glimpse of that simple, beautiful work of His in nature which will forever fascinate me. When I have moments like this, moments where I am so forcefully, violently struck with the beauty of creation that I can scarcely function, I can't help but think that God does this just for me. I like to think that He has me (and you) in mind when He's crafting the intricate petals of the flowers, when He's letting the sun play off the sky in such a way that it creates such a brilliant blue that it can't be matched except by the vibrantly green rolling hills and fields that swoop up toward it.
It will never cease to inspire me.
My father on earth has worked so that I have the most wonderful best yard in the world in which I may contemplate the world that my Father in Heaven crafted just for me. (And you.)
Thank you, Dad.
Thank you, Lord.



Beautiful pictures! And I think it may be safe to say that if I had your backyard I might also make the claim that I had the best backyard!
ReplyDeleteThat's so nice to hear! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI was just able to articulate one of my favorite things about you: your sheer love of beauty. I don't often enough encounter people who absolutely revel in it. You, me, and Dr. Muller :)
ReplyDelete