Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Springshine

I have had a rather lovely time the last few days. They have included nothing particularly fascinating...in fact I've really only just risen, gone to work, and then had quiet evenings at home, but they've been so fulfilling. I spent a little time last night admiring the lake and a wonderfully interesting pink sky (yes, pink) with my grandmother.

Tonight....*sigh*...tonight I had my dinner outside, enjoyed the presence of a good friend, cozied myself in my hammock chair under the trees and did some writing. (Oh, how refreshing!) I finished the rough draft of a few poems, and then just did some journaling...which ended up as praying and...just thinking. It was amazing. Right now, I'm wrapping up my night after having fun chatting with some friends, listening to a mixed melody of the rain and "Wish You Were Here" by Starline Drive. Such peace.


I don't live a life that would ever be characterized by quiet...but I do have my quiet days.



Since they're rare, they're precious. I'm quite fond of them.


Have yourself a lovely evening.
And perhaps some coffee. :)





Psalm 131

O LORD, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty;
Nor do I involve myself in great matters,
Or in things too difficult for me.
Sure I have composed and quieted my soul,
Like a weaned child rests against its mother,
My soul is like a weaned child within me.
O Israel, hope in the LORD,
From this time forth and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment